This event is aimed at swimmers who would like to include a serious long distance challenge in their summer open water swimming season. It’s not a race, but an opportunity for you to challenge yourself and take in the stunning scenery at the same time. The swim is organised into a group format, with teamwork making this an exciting and satisfying event.
There are a limited number of non-wetsuit places available for this swim. If you wish to be considered for a non-wetsuit place, there are only a few places left. Contact email@example.com for more information and to register your interest.
- Date: Sunday 7th August 2016
- Location: Henley-on-Thames
- Distance: 14km river downstream
- Minimum age: 18
- Entry Fee: £93
- Tow floats will be compulsory for this event
1. Below 25mins you should swim in the Pink wave.
2. Between 25mins and 35mins you should swim in the Blue wave
3. Between 35mins and 45mins you should swim in the Green wave
– We would recommend that if you are not presently able to complete a 1500m swim in under 45mins it might be as well to target a shorter event and then build for the 2017 Thames Marathon Bridge to Bridge
– We will have a few training programmes and test swims (you can do in your local pool) that will detail how fast you are likely to swim on the day
– If you are new to open water swimming, but an experienced pool swimmer, we would recommend that you select 1 wave below your capability